Used As Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading was posted on October 23, 2017 at 2:16 pm. It is published in the Floor category. Used As Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading is tagged with Used As Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading, Used, As, Evidence, For, Sea, Floor, Spreading..
Usedused (yo̅o̅zd or, for 4, yo̅o̅st),USA pronunciation adj.
- previously used or owned;
secondhand: a used car.
- showing wear or being worn out.
- employed for a purpose;
- used to, accustomed or habituated to: I'm not used to cold weather. They weren't used to getting up so early.
Asas1 (az; unstressed əz),USA pronunciation adv.
- to the same degree, amount, or extent;
equally: I don't think it's as hot and humid today as it was yesterday.
- for example;
for instance: Some flowers, as the rose, require special care.
- thought to be or considered to be: the square as distinct from the rectangle; the church as separate from the state.
- in the manner (directed, agreed, promised, etc.): She sang as promised. He left as agreed.
- as well. See well 1 (def. 11).
- as well as. See well 1 (def. 12).
- (used correlatively after an adjective or adverb prec. by an adverbial phrase, the adverbial as, or another adverb) to such a degree or extent that: It came out the same way as it did before. You are as good as you think you are.
- (without antecedent) in the degree, manner, etc., of or that: She's good as gold. Do as we do.
- at the same time that;
when: as you look away.
because: As you are leaving last, please turn out the lights.
- though: Questionable as it may be, we will proceed.
- with the result or purpose: He said it in a voice so loud as to make everyone stare.
- [Informal.](in dependent clauses) that: I don't know as I do.
- [Midland and Southern U.S. and Brit. Dial.]than.
- as … as, (used to express similarity or equality in a specified characteristic, condition, etc., as between one person or thing and another): as rich as Croesus.
- as far as, to the degree or extent that: It is an excellent piece of work, as far as I can tell.
- as for or to, with respect to;
in reference to: As for staying away, I wouldn't think of it.
- as good as:
- equivalent to;
practically: as good as new.
- true to;
trustworthy as: as good as his word.
- as how, [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]that;
whether: He allowed as how it was none of my business. I don't know as how I ought to interfere.
- as if or though, as it would be if: It was as if the world had come to an end.
- as is, in whatever condition something happens to be, esp. referring to something offered for sale in a flawed, damaged, or used condition: We bought the table as is.
- as it were, in a way;
so to speak: He became, as it were, a man without a country.
- as long as. See long1 (def. 39).
- as of, beginning on;
on and after;
from: This price is effective as of June 23.
- as regards, with regard or reference to;
concerning: As regards the expense involved, it is of no concern to him.
- as such:
- as being what is indicated;
in that capacity: An officer of the law, as such, is entitled to respect.
- in itself or in themselves: The position, as such, does not appeal to him, but the salary is a lure.
- as yet, up to the present time;
until now: As yet, no one has thought of a solution.
- (used relatively) that;
which (usually prec. by such or the same): I have the same trouble as you had.
- a fact that: She did her job well, as can be proved by the records.
- [New England, Midland, and Southern U.S.]who;
that: Them as has gets.
- in the role, function, or status of: to act as leader.
Evidenceev•i•dence (ev′i dəns),USA pronunciation n., v., -denced, -denc•ing.
- that which tends to prove or disprove something;
ground for belief;
- something that makes plain or clear;
an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
- data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.
- in evidence, plainly visible;
conspicuous: The first signs of spring are in evidence.
- to make evident or clear;
manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.
- to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Seasea (sē),USA pronunciation n.
- the salt waters that cover the greater part of the earth's surface.
- a division of these waters, of considerable extent, more or less definitely marked off by land boundaries: the North Sea.
- one of the seven seas;
- a large lake or landlocked body of water.
- the degree or amount of turbulence of the ocean or other body of water, as caused by the wind.
- the waves.
- a large wave: The heavy seas almost drowned us.
- a widely extended, copious, or overwhelming quantity: a sea of faces; a sea of troubles.
- the work, travel, and shipboard life of a sailor: The sea is a hard life but a rewarding one.
- at sea:
- on the ocean.
uncertain: completely at sea as to how to answer the question.Also, asea.
- follow the sea, to pursue a nautical career: Many boys then dreamed of following the sea.
- go to sea:
- to set out on a voyage.
- to embark on a nautical career.
- half seas over, [Slang.]partly or completely drunk: They came home at dawn, looking half seas over.Also, half-seas over.
- put to sea, to embark on a sea voyage: The expedition is nearly ready to put to sea.Also, put out to sea.
- of, pertaining to, or adapted for use at sea.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Spreadingspread (spred),USA pronunciation v., spread, spread•ing, n., adj.
- to draw, stretch, or open out, esp. over a flat surface, as something rolled or folded (often fol. by out).
- to stretch out or unfurl in the air, as folded wings, a flag, etc. (often fol. by out).
- to distribute over a greater or a relatively great area of space or time (often fol. by out): to spread out the papers on the table.
- to display or exhibit the full extent of;
set out in full: He spread the pots on the ground and started hawking his wares.
- to dispose or distribute in a sheet or layer: to spread hay to dry.
- to apply in a thin layer or coating: to spread butter on a slice of bread.
- to overlay or cover with something: She spread the blanket over her knees.
- to set or prepare (a table), as for a meal.
- to extend or distribute over a region, place, period of time, among a group, etc.
- to send out, scatter, or shed in various directions, as sound, light, etc.
- to scatter abroad;
diffuse or disseminate, as knowledge, news, disease, etc.: to spread the word of the gospel.
- to move or force apart: He spread his arms over his head in surrender.
- to flatten out: to spread the end of a rivet by hammering.
- to extend the aperture between (the lips) laterally, so as to reduce it vertically, during an utterance.
- to delabialize. Cf. round (def. 57c), unround.
- to become stretched out or extended, as a flag in the wind;
expand, as in growth.
- to extend over a greater or a considerable area or period: The factory spread along the river front.
- to be or lie outspread or fully extended or displayed, as a landscape or scene.
- to admit of being spread or applied in a thin layer, as a soft substance: Margarine spreads easily.
- to become extended or distributed over a region, as population, animals, plants, etc.
- to become shed abroad, diffused, or disseminated, as light, influences, rumors, ideas, infection, etc.
- to be forced apart, as the rails of a railroad track;
- spread oneself thin, to carry on so many projects simultaneously that none is done adequately, or that one's health suffers: Many college students spread themselves thin by taking on too many activities during the semester.
- an act or instance of spreading: With a spread of her arms the actress acknowledged the applause.
- expansion, extension, or diffusion: the spread of consumerism.
- the extent of spreading: to measure the spread of branches.
- the difference between the prices bid and asked of stock or a commodity for a given time.
- a type of straddle in which the call price is placed above and the put price is placed below the current market quotation.
- the difference between any two prices or rates for related costs: the widening spread between lending and borrowing costs.
- [Stock Exchange.]a broker's profit or the difference between his or her buying and selling price.
- any difference between return on assets and costs of liabilities.
- capacity for spreading: the spread of an elastic material.
- a distance or range, as between two points or dates: The long-distance movers planned a five-day spread between pickup and delivery.
- a stretch, expanse, or extent of something: a spread of timber.
- a cloth covering for a bed, table, or the like, esp. a bedspread.
- an abundance of food set out on a table;
- any food preparation for spreading on bread, crackers, etc., as jam or peanut butter.
- Also called layout. (in newspapers and magazines) an extensive, varied treatment of a subject, consisting primarily either of a number of cuts (picture spread) or of a major story and several supplementary stories, usually extending across three or more columns. Cf. double truck.
- an advertisement, photograph, article, or the like, covering several columns, a full page, or two facing pages of a newspaper, magazine, book, etc.: a full-page spread; a two-page spread.
- two facing pages, as of a newspaper, magazine, or book.
- landed property, as a farm or ranch.
- lay1 (def. 64).
- See point spread.
- (of a gem) cut with the table too large and the crown too shallow for maximum brilliance;
- (of the opening between the lips) extended laterally. Cf. rounded (def. 2), unrounded.
The post about Used As Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading have 10 attachments including Evidence ., 8 Questions 1., 46 Plate Tectonics Evidence ., 3 Evidence ., 12 Evidence Of Seafloor Spreading ., 11. More Evidence ., 27 Evidence Of Seafloor Spreading, SlideShare, 7 Evidence ., Mid-section Of The Bathymetrical Chart Of The Oceans By Sir John Murray, 1899. Below are the attachments:
Contrast of Large Note Sculpture by Breadth bedroom. The purpose remains the same with the second position: you to definitely be in taking a look at the statue, more versatile. In this case, the length between your statue of the area, establish superior statue is limited by the utmost. For example, if the mileage involving the statue with a rooftop simply 3 yards away, an effort so that no more than just one meter-high statue.
With designs like the sculpture is definitely an element that can sort the classic-style outside and inside the step, Used As Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading is loaded, is not any exception to backyard. The place of statue while in the playground was actually symbolic and is generally just made from jewel. But along with modern sculpture's improvement, then your works of sculpture becomes increasingly diverse, both the materials along with the design utilized in range together with the growth of advent and engineering of fresh components, such as white cement.
Modify the keeping of the statue's size by Place. In cases like this, a tiny statue may be situated in between the crops or on the footpath garden's fringe. Meanwhile, sculptures that were greater could be placed in the nook or the park's middle